#WhatDrivesYou: Graham Hill
July 10, 2014
We've had the privilege of working with the founder and CEO of LifeEdited, Founder of TreeHugger, Ted Talks speaker, multilingual journalist and innovative creator, Graham Hill, twice recently as he collaborated with forward thinking developer Urban Capital on a few ground-breaking projects in Toronto. A Canadian expat living in a revolutionary micro condo in New York, Graham spends his free time kitesurfing in Maui and is on a life mission to tell the story of sustainability.
1. Can you please tell us about one of your career highlights or most memorable moments?
The most common moment that makes me feel proud and inspires me is simply meeting someone who has been inspired or affected in a positive way by TreeHugger.com or LifeEdited.com. That's what it's all about.
2. How do you stay inspired?
Seeing cool stuff. Traveling. Meeting and hanging out with cool people. New York City is a great place for this.
3. What do you love most about what you do?
I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to work on trying to solve problems on a daily basis with a great team and not having to report to anyone.
4. What is your definition of success?
Feeling happy, engaged and making a difference in other people's lives.
5. Dream dinner date with anyone, from past or present?
Hanging with Ghandi (past). Hanging with Yvon Chouinard (present).
6. What are you passionate about?
Building the future.
7. As someone who travels frequently for work, what is your staple travel item that you wouldn’t travel without?
Icebreaker Merino wool socks, underwear and shirts. Looks great. Good in various temperatures. Anti-bacterial so it smells for a good while :)
8. Motto to live by:
If you don't ask, the answer is always "no."
9. What is next for Graham Hill?