Spread the love…at LOVE HER
February 14, 2013
An evening of fashion, comedy, cocktails, music as well as live and silent auctions.
With a room full of beauties ready to support women affected by ovarian cancer LOVE HER welcomes back in its second year Canadian comedienne Jessica Holmes (Royal Canadian Air Farce) as the Master of Ceremonies and live auction presenter.
Sophie Serafino, an internationally renowned singer, composer and violinist, will provide musical entertainment and promises to put on a mesmerizing performance.
LOVE HER will celebrate one of the best in Canadian fashion with a runway show featuring the Spring 2013 collection from JUDITH & CHARLES (image above) and the hottest trends in footwear from notable brand, STUART WEITZMAN.
Guests will enjoy drinks and hors d’oeuvres while bidding on unique prizes in the live and silent auction.
Tickets for LOVE HER are on sale now: $200 general tickets.
Some other treats you’ll find on February 28th are over 70 fantastic silent and live auction items from pearl and diamond earrings valued at$3,500 – shopping spree valued at over $5,000 from premium sponsor, Bayview Village a Trip to Paris and Champagne and always a big hit, a private dinner served by some of Toronto’s finest and fabulous firemen!
The evening will also recognize a major contributor in the field of ovarian cancer in Canada through the Karen Campbell National Award for Research Excellence
As if you didn’t need more reasons to attend, the statistics speak for themselves:
· Because of late stage diagnosis in the majority of ovarian cancer, 70% of women diagnosed with ovarian cancer will not survive more than five years
· the PAP test does not serve as a screening test, yet according to a 2011 survey, a ¼ of women asked think that in fact it is
· Older women are at higher risk for developing ovarian cancer
· Most deaths from ovarian cancer occur in women age 55 and older
· 17,000 women are living with the disease in Canada
· Currently only 2.1% of cancer donations go to ovarian cancer (which includes all hospitals and other regional support efforts)
Give back. LOVE HER.