P&L's The Egg Hunt
April 2, 2015
We want to share "The Egg Hunt" Easter cocktail recipe with you, which is perfect if you are hosting a family gathering. It is playful and reminisent of childhood. The beverage has been thoughtfully dreamt up and executed by Parts & Labour Director of Wine & Spirits, Chantelle Gabino. Head down to the hippest Parkdale restaurant for an ever-changing and seasonally inspired drink and food menu to satisfy the whole family.
Cadbury Mini Eggs- smashed with a wooden spoon or mallet in a cloth or bag.
1 oz of your favourite Rum
.5 oz Bailey's Irish Liquer
.5 oz Frangelico Liquer
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
.5 oz of Simple Syrup (equal parts granulated sugar to water, boiled then cooled. You can flavour this too)
1 egg white, or 1 oz of pasteurized egg white
2 dashes of Black Walnut bitters, any chocolate bitter works as well
1. Take all liquid ingredients and measure into a cocktail shaker.
2. Shake all of the ingredients together without ice to mix and froth up
3. Add ice and shake hard. (About 8 seconds of vigorous shaking will do)
4. Immediately strain into a cocktail glass
5. Top with crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs