GIVING BACK TO WOMEN
February 8, 2012
Join us at the upcoming LOVE HER event, as we raise awareness about ovarian cancer – the most overlooked and under diagnosed women’s cancer.
LOVE HER takes place in Toronto on February 23, 2012 at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel, and in Vancouver on February 29, 2012 at the BIRKS Flagship Store.
This fashionable evening supporting Ovarian Cancer Canada will be a memorable event to honour the women in our lives - mothers, grandmothers, aunts, colleagues, friends and mentors.
- Fashion show featuring Canadian fashion label JUDITH & CHARLES and the latest trends in footwear by STUART WEITZMAN
- Accomplished comedienne Jessica Holmes, the star of Royal Canadian Air Farce, as Master of Ceremonies
- Smooth and seductive jazz vocals performed by Shannon Butcher (LOVE HER TO)
- DJ Leanne, a solid contributor to Canada’s thriving DJ scene, spinning on the decks ( LOVE HER VAN)
- Live auction featuring exceptional experiential prizes
- Silent auction platform
At FPR we believe the importance of helping others. The statistics surrounding Ovarian Cancer are undeniable:
- Currently in Canada, there are 17,000 women living with ovarian cancer and over 1,750 die each year from this hard-to-detect disease
- 70% of women diagnosed with ovarian cancer will not survive more than five years
- 17,000 women are living with the disease in Canada
- Currently only 2.1% of cancer donations go to ovarian cancer (which includes all hospitals and other regional support efforts)
So get your tickets, join us for a cocktail, bid on some fabulous prizes and help in the fight against ovarian cancer.