#FFinds: Top 5 Kitchen Design Tips from Kimberly Seldon
August 19, 2014
The kitchen becomes the focal point in many homes; however, when designing a new kitchen it can be overwhelming with so many different design options. Interior design superstar Kimberly Seldon and AyA Kitchen and Baths pass on some easy tips so that you can design your dream kitchen without the stress!
Top 5 things to consider when renovating your kitchen:
1. Describe and plan out the theme and mood to assure everything is consistent. This can be helpful when the indecisiveness of choosing colors and cabinets comes into play, so you always know which direction you want to go in.
2. Consider where you are making your purchases from and opt for locally-made pieces. All AyA Kitchens are 100% made in Canada.
3. Functionality is key, so make sure your kitchen has the profile and style you want, but also remains highly functional. Just because something looks nice doesn’t mean it is always going to be practical. Look for space saving solutions like pull out pantries and appliance garages to maximize space.
4. Attempt to put cupboards under your island as a great way to create more storage for those bulky items you don’t use every day. Everyone has those kitchen items that even though helpful are not used every day and take up a ton of space so why not keep them out of sight.
5. Try hiding your fridge and dishwasher behind cabinetry as a way to keep a minimal look to your kitchen. Not only is this design exceedingly practical but also a great way to keep a consistent finish to your kitchen.
For more kitchen tips from AyA Kitchens and Baths and Kimberley Seldon, watch this Cityline segment here: